Solved

AI in decision Making

Badge

Hi,

I wish to launch services for class 12th passing out students.

i see many students are confused or unsure which stream they should follow after 12th class. They don’t what exact skill set they have and what they require to enroll into the subject of choice.

Can anyone guide me how to kich start in this direction? What all is required out of “Big Data” to make it tailor made?

Respect and Regards

Rohit Bhatnagar

icon

Best answer by SorchaGilroy 26 May 2022, 16:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Rohit, are you thinking of capturing all school subjects and mapping them to all careers, or are you specifically focussing on data science? Regardless, mapping subjects studied to job titles would be a great starting point. I would advise starting with any open source data that links professions to school and university subjects.

This will be an interesting challenge as career paths aren’t always linear. For instance, I studied Maths, Physics and Chemistry at school, before doing Physics at University. From here I’ve worked as a Software Engineer, Spacecraft Engineer and currently as a Data Scientist after returning to University to study Data Science. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Rohit! Just so I understand your question, are you asking about students completing school and wondering what they should study at university to get into a career in data? 

Badge

Hi,
Any examples of Open Source ?
Actually am complete new and naïve in this...hence trying to understand the process
Respect and Regards
Rohit

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Any examples of Open Source ?
Actually am complete new and naïve in this...hence trying to understand the process

I had a quick look on Kaggle and found these two datasets. 

London Data Job Postings: https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/onurserbetci/data-science-job-market-in-uk

Armenian Job Postings: https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/udacity/armenian-online-job-postings?select=online-job-postings.csv

From both of these datasets would could text scrape the text variables (degree/qualifications and job descriptions). From this you would get degree titles and a list of key words (skills/requirements) per job title. You could then start mapping job title pathways based on degrees and skills.

Badge

Hi Sorcha,

Its not about a just a career in Data...it may be some vocational course where there are good chances to excel than just doing a degree course.

For Ex - I may have studied Arts in my 12th and I wish to go into psychology field….but when the mapping is done and we use “The Big Data” I may not be successful in that field as it calls upon continuously updating yourself , studying journals and papers regularly which may not be my cup of tea..though I passed with 100% marks in the subject.

Based upon my skill set (Academically and Co-Curricular) I may be suggested an alternate course in say for ex - Mass Communications specializing in PR ….

So the idea is that basically students may know about wider horizon suiting their current skills and academia ..

Respect and Regards

Rohit

Badge

Thanks Wes ...very kind of you...shall be exploring the same and will revert 

R & R

Rohit